Monday, April 18, 2011

Disguise

Unbeknownst to all
my truest form
is that of a wild flower,
a fiery red lily,
a shining dewed lily,
untamable by man
or any other creature
wishing to harness such power.

As this rich beauty
I am able to fly far
and carry my sorrows away
and lose them over the sea,
and bury them into the sea.
My felt petals are wings
used to sore through the pain
that has thus caused my heart to stray.

My stem keeps me rooted -
regret at its best -
and hinders true freedom; kind trust.
I must let it be,
I shall make it be
a reminder of the fragility
of life and of love and the spoils
of a heart stained with lust.

This form is my home,
my soul's ultimate comfort,
happiness to be free.
It is me,
yes, it is me
and all that I am
and all I might become
if only I were but free;
if only I were but me.

April 17, 2011

1 comment:

  1. This is a really good poem! I like writing poems too!
    As a reply to your comment on my post, yeah, Italy was amazing and such a good experience - I went to Italian school and everything! I feel really lucky to have lived there; I'll probably go back when I'm older!
    I agree - I mean, weird is another word for unique, right?
    I love your blog - keep blogging! Zeni xxx

    ReplyDelete