Saturday, April 28, 2007

Chocolate Covered Cherries

Chocolate Covered Cherries

So I spread apart my skin,
Yellow like the peal of a banana,
And let him devour me.
Because dark against black blinds me,
I cannot see where his hands reach.
Feeling their softness brush over my gooseflesh,
I exhale.
I feel like a kid again,
Embraced in love after a fall
Resulting in scraped knees and
A Waterfall of swift tears.
The smooth, sugary rush of dark chocolate
Drifts over me and I smell nothing but candy.
His chocolate covered cherries
Leave tender kisses all over my
Vanilla wrapped soul.
I suddenly remember bobbing for apples
And dipping pretzels.
Our sweets intertwine like candy canes
And the sweat and oil bind us together.
The smell of toffee tickles my spine
And floats above the trees.
We continue to mix and as one, we hear
A Spanish beat in the background
And begin to see sugar plums bursting
Like fireworks in the sky.
Reaching that moment, we melt into one another
And become a single malt…
His creamy caramel has topped my brittle heart,
And together we become the most beautiful candy bar
In existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment