Saturday, April 28, 2007

Amen

Amen

I took my life
In one sweet slice
To forget the foulness
Of my own heart.
The purity of my thoughts
Were not pure enough
To save.
If only she was to blame.

Amen.

A silent string of breath
Did creep from my wrists
In my heart’s attempt
For one last vision of beauty.
But the dirty shower curtains
Could not provide solace
For a bleeding soul.

Amen.

Forgive me,
Someone.
If there is a heaven,
Send me postcards.
If there is a hell,
Send them there,
For I will but forever
Reign with my disgusting
Body, heart, mind, and soul
In such a place.

Amen.

The only thing I asked for
Was to be happy.
The only thing I got
Was the icy cut of sorrow.
In my eyes,
I could do all wrong.
The only beauty
Was that of my own tears
Washing away the blood
That had dripped down my hands
And crusted over my fingertips.
If I’m to blame,
I’ll take it.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment