Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Poem for My Favorite Person

Exactly 6 months ago, an extremely wonderful man asked me to marry him by hiding a ring in the second Harry Potter book on the night of the midnight premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1. I opened it the book and as a beautiful diamond ring fell out onto my lap, I immediately yelled, "YES!", before he could even ask me the question that I had been waiting 3 and a half years to hear. I have lived/survived through many very difficult events throughout my life and long ago I came to the naive conclusion that I was doomed to be the unluckiest woman for the rest of my pitiful, depressing life. But when I met Jay Brandon Budzon, my life changed drastically, and I finally started feeling as though I actually had a purpose and that I might be blessed with happiness and endless love.

I am most definitely blessed.

Brandon is the greatest, most amazing and wonderful thing to happen to me. I am so happy that I get to spend my life with the kindest, smartest, goofiest, most handsome 'geek' who still makes me blush when I see him in his Geek Squad uniform. Not only is he a passionate lover but he's also my very best friend.

I have written a poem fully dedicated to my future husband who treats me like a queen. I love him more than anything and can't wait to grow old in his arms.

I love you, Brandon!!

Benevolent Brandon

Singing softly
of your tender heart
entices envy
in the sweetest of birds.
They look to me
with eyes of jealousy
for your endless love
breathes furiously
through every delicate note
as I praise you
and all that becomes you.
You carry kindness
with full, gentle hands,
each finger grasping my soul
and enveloping it with safety.
Passionate eyes
adorning your porcelain face
swim through mine
and penetrate my secrets,
freeing me from guilt,
from pitiful pain,
from the echoed voices
of past deceptions
and vicious criminals
who raped me of my innocence
and the ability to trust.
Your plump, merciful lips
feed me all the nourishment necessary
to believe in effortless generosity.
They give me reassurance
and confidence in the magic
that radiates between us.
I am forever bound
to you and the affection
that continues to grow
and build us together
as two lives entwine
into one sacred voyage
that fuels our passion
and makes eternity seem
far too short.

May 18, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment