Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New Poem...not necessarily Shakespeare but oh well!

My Nature


My nature ignites with change,

her trees bleeding Fall, slowly fading

into themselves and burrowing down into their roots,

escaping the foreshadowed freeze.

Her arms are stiff with another year passing,

another raping of her leaves and her precious youth

spent shading lovers from rain and sun alike.

The clouds are low,

pounding the moisture into her skin,

plumpling her and making her glow

like warm sex.

The maple glue overflows, wiggling through the bark's pores

and carmelizing with the cold;

mother's milk over ice.


My nature leaves me

when she can no longer feel the sun,

her arms too heavy to sway;

her feet frozen below.

I'm afraid to touch her,

my cold fingers like icy sausages

covered by thin, worn gloves.

I tiptoe around her moat in search for shelter

from Father Snow's ejaculation,

the coating that slows our traffic

and layers our front yards with a heavy dandruff.

The next four months will rob me

of concentration and my taste for ice cream.

My nature brings me closer to her silence

with the darkness of these harsh days,

the winds howling through my bare ears

and peeling my skin like hunger to a banana.

With flesh exposed, I dry out

and become whittled by her temporary death;

her empty hibernation.


October 19, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment