Tuesday, October 27, 2009

More Poetry

I'm trying to write more because it's very therapeutic to me and helps me deal with all of the SHIT. I submitted some poems to Canvas and Fiore magazines in hopes that someone will publish me and not just SAY they will and then back out unexpectedly! Here's another one I recently wrote.

A Fool's Moon


You come to me,

Verona's true prince,

from Mantua to restore in me

my succulent soul that so left my flesh

long ago. My body,

weighted down and heavy with dispair,

has claimed its grave.

Your sweet respirations against my pale cheek

stir my heart; a bumble to a wilted daisy.


I am summer,

filled with long, lazy days.

The heat in me bleeds a stench

and stirs through my veins

and into my corroded mind.

My memories, charred remnants of those

I chose to surround myself with;

those evil minions in clever disguises.

You are the moon's child,

cool and calm with the stars as your soldiers.

The gleam of your face

against my belly, your tight grip

of the ocean pulling out the toxins and litter in me;

the sorrow and the fear.


You are love,

frozen and solid.

I carry your heaviness with me,

a jagged rock weighing down my creamy hand.

You come from dreams

as a fresh morning dew,

crisp and thirst quenching.

I bask in the light of you,

the shine from your forehead blinding me.

The fire of my hair reaching

for your kind tentacles,

the icy fingertips removing the sting

and numbing the evil parts in me

that threaten a perfect existence.


I shudder at your voice,

the force of your tongue

against your Chicklet teeth as a constant

nostalgic staccato,

bringing me back to a dirty childhood

compressed with depression

and Barbie dolls with stubs for hands,

the masticated plastic buried deep in King's old stomach

along with my first pair of eyeglasses

and the grass that garnishes the far left corner

of our porch.

I can be young with you;

kind and soft after the cool-down,

with a shy, damp brow and heavy charcoal lids.


October 19, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment