Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Extremely Overdue Excitement!

WHY haven't I posted anything about this yet?!

I recently had 2 of my poems published in the literary magazine, Fiore, based in Bloomington, IN!! (Cue in the excitement.) Due to the economic strife we are in right now, Fiore has been forced to go online only, but I don't mind...that just makes it easier for me to share with others!

Although I am excited, I must admit I want more...and bigger and better. This is a stepping stone for me and oddly, I just stepped up and have finally made a tiny dent in this dream I have of publishing my own book of poetry. I sent Fiore three poems - Praying for Longer Weeks, Chocolate Covered Cherries, I Want You to Fuck Me - and ironically, they chose 'Chocolate Covered Cherries' and 'I Want You to Fuck Me', the two about sex and...well, fucking.

They asked me to submit again so I probably will. I just remembered that the due date is in like 5 days so WHAT IN THE FUCK am I waiting for?!

Chocolate Covered Cherries

So I spread apart my skin,
yellow like the peal of a banana,
and let him devour me.
Because dark against black blinds me,
I cannot see where his hands reach.
Feeling their heat brush
over my gooseflesh,
I exhale.

I feel like a kid again,
embraced in love after a fall
resulting in scraped knees
and a waterfall of swift tears.

The smooth, sugary rush of dark chocolate
drifts over me and I smell
nothing but candy.
His chocolate covered cherries
leave tender kisses all over my vanilla wrapped soul.

I suddenly remember bobbing for apples
and dipping pretzels.

Our sweets intertwine like candy canes
and the sweat and oil bind us together.
The smell of toffee tickles my spine
and floats above the trees.
We continue to mix and as one, we hear
a Spanish beat in the background
and begin to see sugar plums bursting
like fireworks in the sky.
Reaching that moment, we melt into one another
and become a single malt...
His creamy caramel has topped my brittle heart,
and together we become
the most beautiful candy bar
in existence.



I Want You to Fuck Me

I want you to fuck me
like bees to a plump flower,
slurping and grabbing my nectar
as our hands glisten and stick.
Your wings fanning the sweat from my forehead
and the back of my neck
as you lift up my nest of hair and smell
the sweetness of my curls.
To tast you, bit by bit,
lick by swallow,
would be desire fulfilled and nourishment given.

I want you to fuck me
as the moon rapes the sea,
pulling it back, baring the private parts
just to feel close to something;
just to become a part of this solar system.
I will try to escape but will never succeed -
never become the stoic lake,
locked in a cage of trees and reeking fishermen.
You allow me the freedom to be rough
when I want to be,
to pull down my skirt playfully,
denying you yet giving in
to the vibrant cold glare of your eyes
that shine right through me,
right through the litter,
right through the bullshit.

I want you to fuck me
with the lights on like tragic lovers
destined to die after tonight,
making sure you can see -
you can witness -
the night you weren't the sole owner of your body.
Our arms like snakes,
feeling through hair and wet skin,
slithering over mountains and valleys
as we hunt for a way out,
a reason not to perish alone
and without the company of another heart.

I want you to fuck me
the way a knife slices through soft butter,
piercing the fat as you salivate
for the creamy taste of me,
slowly peeling tabs of me away.
You could spread me all over your toasted skin
or carve me out as something new
with which to melt over your hot secret,
rubbing me raw with your silver.

I want you to fuck me
like a cat, curious and slow,
purring with fever and intention.
Your claws would leave marks on me
and prepare me for your stealthy pounce.
It would be dark and quiet
and I would clean your soul with my sandpaper tongue,
spitting out the poisons that foul you
so as to make you new and reborn.
We could be frisky and fresh
like the ears of kittens,
climbing through each others' limbs
and always landing on our feet.

I want you to fuck me
like virgins do,
expecting nothing but hoping for everything,
holding me tight but releasing me free
with our eyes open
and our hands closed around the sheets
while we release the pain and welcome the cold sweat
as it gleams in between us
like tears on the cheek,
like blood on a needle,
like love in a fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment