Friday, October 8, 2010

broken lullaby

sing me a gallant song
to lure me from deep sleep
my dreams hold me hostage
praying hard for keeps
the mind holds many secrets
as a bottle holds fine wine
they mutilate the conscience
like a bad actor to a line
life can't be simple
it torments and it pains
leaving buckets full of emptiness
tainting the heart with stains
the pussy hunts the mouse
while the dog chases his tail
and grandfathers aboard their hopes
ready to set sail
but no, life isn't easy
it wrings you out clean
taking your few treasures
leaving only the obscene
when the tide leaves me
and the moon drops its veil
the calm is the comfort
while the memories become stale
life reveals her bitter tongue
chipping away at surprise
crippling every energy within
deleting the desire to rise
so please play a sweet jingle
and heed what has been said
because every evil day
brings me closer to death's bed

october 8, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment