Sunday, September 26, 2010

Babble, Babble

Babble, Babble

When my dear heart speaks
of foreign times, foreign objects,
with a foreign tongue and Chicklet teeth,
I protest with unaltered silence.
Many a moments I have pleaded
for an explanation, a definition,
a table or chart - any means
for understanding his paths
of question and contemplation.
How can I comprehend his message
through disdain and sarcasm?
I dig. I pillage. I dive down deep
and still resurface with empty hands.
The saliva scrolling down his throat,
the vibration of his vocal chords
against the wind from his lungs confuses me.
He obsesses over machines with brains,
void of feelings, bodies of massive circuit systems
that strain with raw, eclectic power.
His fantasies involve buttons being mashed,
potions being ingested, mana being restored,
and weapons being purchased and sold
only to be purchased and sold again and again.
The man even signs electronically
without the use of ink or quill.
I draw mental diagrams of his words
with small written descriptions located
below the poorly detailed pictures
and somehow I remain blinded
and forced into the pitch black hole of uncertainty.
The only way to desist this problem
is to accept the reticent defeat.
After the lecture is over and done,
the refrain of my dumbfounded circles
still hangs low over my brow
and plagues my eyes like tiny flashbulb impressions
that linger in the sight after a candid snapshot.

September 25, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment