Wednesday, May 20, 2009

At least I'm not the only one obsessed with Mario Kart!!

GASP!

I was zapped full of gooey goodness when my brother referred me to a video posted on his wall by a friend of his. Ironically, the girl who posted the video did so because it reminded her of me and not him...and I'm honestly touched that she would remember anything about me considering the fact I felt as though she wasn't very friendly to me and flat out didn't care for me at all! Although, if you know me at all and only a little, the one thing you probably do know about me is that I LOVE MARIO KART!!

Ever since I was a little girl with huge pink rimmed glasses, I have been entranced by Mario Kart. I played it when it first came out on Super Nintendo...the very first Mario Kart EVER! Never did I have more fun...until it came out for Nintendo 64! We never owned either of these games when I was a child, having to rent them all the time. But now we own them both and I still, to this day, enjoy pulling out the old consoles and playing them on rainy days. However, last summer...I was introduced to Mario Kart Wii........

...and I have NEVER felt the same about any other video game!!!

It challenges me by allowing me to play against other fellow obsessors. It entrances me with pretty lights and sounds! Ha ha! It stimulates my mind by forcing me to multi-task while I kick ass on my way to the top (hey, it ain't easy turbo sliding while holding a green shell behind you and aiming at Bowser in front of you, waiting for the perfect time to release hell! Ok, ok...it's easy for me. Ha! But only after MUCH practice!). And it sincerely makes me smile. There is nothing like unlocking EVERYTHING there is to unlock in a game and beating a bunch of online members with scores in the 9000's (I am not quite there yet but I'm so close, with a solid 8800).

So, thank you, Mario Kart Love Song singer! Thank you for professing my extreme adoration of a timeless game into an awesomely hilarious song! While playing it for Brandon, he laughed and said, "This is how I feel when we play online!" He said that because when we play online on my license, he takes those blue shells for me and knocks out those Bowsers and DKs so that my score can soar!! Every winner needs a comrade...or I guess I should say every Daisy needs her Luigi. : )

Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment