Friday, June 8, 2007

Just To Get More Of You

Broken down on the side of the road
on the hottest day of all time,
I continued walking, with your smile dancing in my eyes.

I kicked a can with your ears
and stepped over a hole with your lips.
Your hair played against my face
from the willow that I mazed through.
It began to drizzle,
and I felt your tender touch suffocate me
in the weak sunlight.

Your scorching kisses poured over my soles
as I scuttled over the pavement.
My chest heaved with your love,
your poison,
and I kept sucking it up; faster, quicker,
like a vacuum.

The weakness set in, and I began to feel pain.
My feet began to blister.
The air in my chest could not suffice my need for oxygen,
and the scratches on my face left blood on the willow.

It only lasted moments,
and then I was in the clear. With an open road in front
and the chaos past, I had only one path.

I turned...
and strolled, like a king,
through the pain and suffering afresh
just to get more of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment